Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Speak Faith

As we begin a New Year, we want it to be much better than all the years gone by. But it will be better only if we claim God’s promises. What we believe we must then confess with our mouth - but our confession must be based on God’s promises (See Rom.10:8,9).
When God gave Abraham a promise – a promise that looked impossible to be fulfilled (humanly speaking), what did Abraham do? “Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb; yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.” (Rom.4:19-21).
So with faith in what God has promised, let us make the following eight confessions many times during this year. Say it to yourself and to Satan often, from your heart:
1. God the Father loves me as He loved Jesus - So I will always rejoice (John 17:23).

2. God has forgiven me all my sins - So I will never live with guilt (1 Jn.1:9; Heb.8:12).
3. God will fill me with His Holy Spirit - So I will be strong enough for every task (Luke 11:13).
4. God has determined all my boundaries - So I will always be content (Acts 17:26; Heb.13:5).
5. God's commands are ALL for my good - So I want to obey ALL of God’s commands (1 Jn.5:3: Deut.10:13).
6. God controls ALL people and events that affect me - So I will always give thanks (Rom.8:28).
7. Jesus defeated Satan and freed me from his power - So I will never be afraid (Heb.2:14,15; Heb.13:6).
8. God wants to make me a blessing - So I WILL be a blessing to others (Gen.12:2; Gal.3:14)
“Without faith, it is impossible to please God” (Heb.11:6).

--
AJMAN CHURCH
P.O.BOX: 5998,
AJMAN, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.

No comments:

Post a Comment